Sunday, November 2, 2008

So You Think You Can Scrap Challenge #7




So I thought I was going to have a hard time with this layout. In fact, I procrastinated all week starting it but boy did I have fun once I got going! For those of you who know me well, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and somewhat of a neat freak so for me to get dirty and rip, tear and use unconventional items such as a beer can on my layout lol, is not really something I would normally do! I have a pretty good stash of Tim Holtz' distress ink, grunge board and hardware but haven't used much of it, mostly because I've been a little intimidated. Thanks to Izzy and this week's Urban Grunge Challenge, I finally pulled out my stash and gave it a go. I'm hooked! Does it ever end????

After I finished this layout, I took some pictures and played a little more with my Canon Digital point and shoot. Izzy taught me some great tricks, one being how to use the digital macro feature. I love what you can do with it! Thanks again Izzy for the photography lesson! I've now found my manual and am planning on reading everything this little baby can do! Hubby is really pleased too and I think Izzy just made a new best friend because now I'm not so determined to go out and buy a new SLR! He thinks I'll save my money, but really it just means I have more to spend on scrapbooking goodies instead! Once I really learn how to use my current camera I think it will serve me quite well. At least for a little while longer lol.

2 Lovely Comments:

hayleycreates said...

Love the new look on your blog! You'll have to teach me how to do that!!! Loved your page this week (well every week!) Nice Macro shots!

Anonymous said...

Hmm..Izzy needs to teach me some things too about photogarphy! You have a GREAT eye Kathy!
Love this page and all the challenge ages this week. I am going to have to sign up for the next round i think. I really have not been scrappin'...but will on the 16th! Yahoo!