Monday, December 15, 2008

Time To Catch Up: December 13th, 14th & 15th

It's been such a busy few days! On Saturday, the 13th, my good friend Lizzy and I celebrated our birthdays together and went to see the Good Noise Gospel Choir at Christ Church Cathedral. It was a wonderful evening! The choir was AMAZING! Leon Bibb was the special guest and I literally got goose bumps when the choir did their version of Joy to the World. Before the concert, Lizzy kindly treated me to some delicious appies and a couple martinis at the Hotel Vancouver. After the concert, we returned to the Hotel Van and I treated her to some drambuie and coffee. After a couple hours of relaxing and enjoying each other's company, we decided we better go meet up with the boys at home. When we walked out of the hotel we were shocked to see all the snow that had fallen during our cocktails! It took us almost an hour to get home because of the snow! It was super icey and everyone was being pretty cautious. It was after 1 am by the time we finally got home!




On Sunday, the 14th we had our Scrapaholics Crop-a-mas and I got to host over at my place. It was so much fun! Hubby catered our luncheon and we had a Secret Santa, tons of door prizes, a cookie exchange, a "guess the number of ribbons in the jar" contest and Haley, Jo and I were presented with our So You Think You Can Scrap prizes. I came home with tons of fabulous scrapbooking and spa goodies and a year's subscription to Canadian Scrapbooker magazine! Woooo hoooo! We also presented Izzy with a gift certificate to Spa Utopia as a special thank you for being our amazing leader over the past year as she has decided to step down as organizer to enjoy some well deserved scrappin time with her buddies while some new blood take on assistant organizing. Thanks again Izzy for all the time, effort and donations you have put in to making our group such a fun group to belong to!




Today, the 15th I returned back to work but could not resist going for a walk soon after I arrived to take some pictures of the beautiful snow that blanketed our city. It was a beautiful sunny day and to be out in the crisp fresh air with the warmth of the sun on my face felt so great! It's definitely cold out there tonight and I'm hoping for some more flakes! Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have a white Christmas after all.




And now.....my layouts for the past three days. Ohhh, and did I mention? One of the great SYTHYCS prizes I won on Sunday was an 8x8 album? I'm planning on using it for all my December digi layouts that I've been posting. It's going to make a great keepsake!




1 Lovely Comments:

Izzy said...

Thanks again for hosting on Sunday! Great photos and layouts.