Monday, February 11, 2013

Playing with Watercolours

I haven't done much scrapbooking at all lately. I seem to be addicted to colour and paints. I started a watercolour journal this weekend and am so inspired by two particular women and their blogs. I HATE to copy. I really do, but I'm not sure how you learn without copying until you learn your own style. I love Lori Vliegen's style from elvie studio blog. I love her creative lettering and so I played around with some of her designs and copied what she has done and put a little twist of my own on the odd one. I also love Jenny Frith and her colourful style. Her blog, Jenny's Sketchbook is here. Be sure to check both of these women out, they are amazing artists!

So here's my attempts at some of my first watercolours. I have to say, I am getting better at shading as I go. I'm addicted, absolutely LOVE it! Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to :)
 

 

4 Lovely Comments:

Unknown said...

thank you so much for the mention, Kat! your blog is so pretty and sweet. I think you are making your watercolor very much your own style. Isn't watercolor fun??

Jo said...

oh my gosh Kathy, this is such beautiful work!!!

lori vliegen said...

your artwork is wonderful, kathy! very colorful, and i can see how you're putting your own sweet touches on it! thank you SO much for your kind words, and the linky-love! i appreciate it very much! keep having fun with your watercolors! xox

Sue C said...

Oh Kathy! Your work is stunning! I can't wait to sit and paint ( and learn ) from you this weekend :)