Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Page in my Art Journal

So last night, I pulled out my water colours and attempted to paint a hummingbird, it just didn't work. I really need to practice! It's funny how if you just keep playing though you can make something that you're not at all happy with into something great! I am beginning to realize I'm much more of a mixed media kinda gal instead of just working with one medium. I cut that ugly humming bird out (mostly because I just couldn't get it to look right and glued it into my art journal, onto some pretty patterned paper. I then added some more acrylic paint, stamps, doodles, washi tape and some shimmery mists and voila! This is what I came up with. So....my moral of the story. Just keep working at it. Don't give up. You might just end up with something fantastic that you're happy with. Thanks for stopping by!


3 Lovely Comments:

Izzy said...

looks great! love the page.

Sue C said...

Wow! Fantastic colours!

Unknown said...

wonderful work. the hummingbird is charming!