Monday, May 25, 2009

Decisions, Decsions...


I am having to make a VERY difficult decision by 11 am tomorrow morning. I am thinking of transferring to a new job and am faced with giving up the comforts and familiarity of working in the same place for the past 16 years and loving my job and venturing into something new. Change can be good but it can be also very intimidating. I am truly torn by this decision and what I should do. Without going into any personal details, there are definitely some pros and cons in leaving where I am now and going to where I am considering. It's a particularly hard decision because I love working with some of the people I work with now yet a change might be a good thing too and pose new and exciting challenges. My head literally hurts from trying to decide what to do. I don't want to have any regrets, but at the same time don't want to miss what may be a great opportunity.

11 Lovely Comments:

Gabriela said...

Well if it's about the money...don't do it. If you do transfer though, make sure you leave the door open in case you need to come back.

bcgal00 Rae said...

Good luck in making your decision.

ScrappeeDiane said...

Best Wishes, I'm sure you will make the right decision for you. Love the photo.

Izzy said...

go for it!!

hayleycreates said...

I am sure you made the right decision. Looking forward to the details.

Sue D said...

Kathy I feel for you. I've had to make decisions like that in the past too and I know how much it can hurt your head!! I'll be thinking of you...good luck.

Jo said...

well .... oddly enough I was going to make a post about "change" later today ... i guess it is always a difficult thing to do but as they say "nothing ventured nothing gained" ... on the other hand "there's no place like home" ... I totally understand your dilemma and wish you the best in which ever path you choose to follow!

laterg8r said...

kathy, whatever you decide i hope it works out for the best!

Kathy said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind words, support and encouragement. It's been a really rough and emotional day and it feels so good that to have friends like you. You are all very dear to me. Hugs!

Susan said...

just catching up on blogs...hope you made the best decision for you and your family, change can be good, even though it can be hard!

Sue said...

Such a big decision kathy...but go with your little voice in your heart...it never leads you wrong.
Whatever decision you make trust that it is the right one and fly with it.
NO REGRETS!!!

(((Hugs)))
Sue