Thursday, January 1, 2009

December 31st - Ringing in the New Year




....with an old tradition. When I was little, my parents and I use to get together with our good friends and celebrate New Years. It was a tradition that when the clock struck midnight on December 31st, the kids would get to bang pots and pans outside the front of the house. This was always a lot of fun because, afterall, when could you make this much noise late at night? This year, a generation later, our kids carried on that same tradition. The adults toasted in the New Year with some champaign and the kids made a heck of a lot of noise out on the balcony! Can you tell they were having fun? lol

Earlier in the evening, we pulled out Monopoly Around the World and all played together until the girls decided to play dress up. It was a quiet evening with good friends, pizza and wine, but just my speed for this time in my life. Hope you all had a wonderful evening as well! All the best to all my friends and family for a year filled with laughter, good health and happiness!

3 Lovely Comments:

Izzy said...

Looks & sounds like a lot of fun! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

hey, thats what we do in out 'hood' too but we were Rockin' with Colin last night in Coquitlam...and we made a lot of noise there too! LOL
Happy new year my friend!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I love your latest pictures bringing in the New Year!!! I could hear the noise and laughter down here. M